[3830] ARRL 160 W8JI M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 4 13:30:38 PST 2011

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W8JI
Operator(s): K1TO, W8JI, VE7ZO
Station: W8JI

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Barnesville, GA

Total:  QSOs = 1863  Sections = 78  Countries = 47  Total Score = 543,000

Club: SECC, FCG

Comments:

It was a pleasure to get together with Dan K1TO at Tom's outstanding 160M
station and once again make a few Q's together.  Tom has been preparing the
station with new phased beverages and equipment to help isolate the run and
mult station interference.  The operating challenge is often knowing how to
take full advantages of the station features and antenna options.  For top band
enthusiasts, it is remarkable to hear DX in this extemely quiet environment with
the highlight QSO coming on Sunday morning when XU7ACY showed up skewed path
while working JA.

We worked 47 - 5 pointers Friday night with decent domestic rates.  Saturday
proved to be much improved into EU with an additional 159 as propogation opened
up into eastern Europe.  Only a single JA on Saturday morning with 10 more Q's
following on Sunday.

Thanks for all of the Q's -- Dan and I hope to each work you during the
upcoming ARRL 10 M test as we return to single op environs.

vy 73,
Jim VE7ZO