[3830] ARRL 160 K6CSL Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 4 21:12:20 PST 2011

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 21:00

Total:  QSOs = 68  Sections = 21  Countries = 1  Total Score = 2,856

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was fun! I ended up 4Q's and 24points shy of last years effort, but 1 more
Mult than last year. I reduced my power from my usual 100W to 80W so that I
could use 3 of my 4 invisible antennas. Last year I used only my 40M Delta
Loop, but this year added the use of my Indoor, End-Fed Coaxial Dipole and my
new outdoor End-Fed wire, which is angled about 45 degrees off of both the
Delta Loop and the Coaxial Dipole. The different antennas seem to favor
different directions. I sadly missed KH6ZM. I heard others working him, but
never heard him. Friday night, Saturday morning didn't seem as well populated
as Saturday night, Sunday morning. Early Saturday morning, just before sunrise,
I was hearing JA3YBK, but couldn't break the pile-up. I heard XE2S off and on
both nights, nut couldn't seem to get him to hear me. I was very surprized to
have made a solid QSO with K9CT in IL at 10:53Z Sunday morning. Working
anything East of the Mississippi River has been a real rarity for me on 160M. I
kept hearing W0AIH in WI all of Saturday Night, Sunday morning, but couldn't
make the QSO. I worked all the 6's except for PAC and all the 7's except AK.
However I am very hopefull for the up-coming Stew Perry. TNX to all the KB'ers
who gave me points and sections. Bert, K6CSL