[3830] ARRL 160 N5WR Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Dec 8 20:21:08 PST 2011

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N5WR
Operator(s): N5WR
Station: N5WR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN

Total:  QSOs = 401  Sections = 63  Countries = 1  Total Score = 51,904

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Equipment: IC-7000, ALS-600 at 500 watts, 60' Vertical, N1MM

I built a 160 vertical in my back yard a couple of months ago with an 18 meter
Spiderpole, constructed in a T configuration. Laid out about 50 radials, some
as short as 10 feet where the vertical is closest to the fenceline, the longest
maybe 80 feet, all within the confines of my yard. I put a coil at the base to
tune out the remaining reactance. I had only made about 2 contacts on it before
this weekend. Seemed to work well. Was on a weekend vacation with my family to
Dollywood, got home Sat night and put the kids in bed and got on for about 5
hours. Had a decent run of US stations going, so seems like the antenna was
working ok. Hope to try it out again in Stew Perry in between Christmas
parties.

73, Erik N5WR