[3830] ARRL 160 WF7T Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Dec 10 07:48:57 PST 2011

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WF7T
Operator(s): WF7T
Station: WF7T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 370  Sections = 58  Countries = 5  Total Score = 47,565

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I had high hopes; they were dashed.  Nothing epic happened to me. I was just
tired.  End of year business and holiday social schedules have taken their
toll.  I am still grateful to have found time to get on.

Happy for the few 5 pointers and a testament to their fine abilities for
hearing me. OL7M was absolutely blasting in to Middle TN on the second evening
around 0515. Solid S-9, with 12dB of attenuation RX through my TX Marconi. I
hoped the opening would be more extensive: I heard very very weak signals from
Europe and strong-as-local OL7M.

Did not hear the Inter-mountain West at all to my surprise.  Did not hear many
stations from California either. I figure the weather must have wreaked havoc.

I think the first evening was a bit punky but I missed the first local sunset.
The band became really nice after first midnight through first local sunrise.
Second sunset seemed OK but I became punky and QRTed by second local midnight.

I had high hopes to beat my score from last year...not even close.  Oh well,
thanks for the Qs and 73!  See you in TBDC!

Brad WF7T
Nashville TN

---

IC-7600 at 100W
40' Marconi for RX/TX, 1200' radials on ground, 2 raised
N1MM 11.11.4, YCCC SO2R+