[3830] ARRL 10 N4QX SO CW QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 11 10:39:26 PST 2011

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N4QX
Operator(s): N4QX
Station: N4QX

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: DC

   CW:  77     44
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  77     44  Total Score = 13,552

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: Yaesu FT-817ND
Antenna: Workman 10m mobile

I drove to Hains Point in East Potomac Park both mornings to have a little fun
and contribute to the PVRC total as my weekend sccedule allowed.  Really wish I
had more time, as conditions were unreal.  My 79 minutes of operating on Sunday
morning was probably the most fun I've ever had on the radio.  A bit of a scare
came Saturday afternoon around 1:00 when helicopters continually flew by.  As I
found out from a uniformed Secret Service officer (!) a few minutes later, I
was the object of their attention.  A quick presentation of my licenses
(driver's and amateur radio) and a check of the NCIC (I'm clean--hope you are
too), and they left me alone.  Hope the sunspot cycle holds up next year--I
would like to repeat with time and a 13 dB power increase.

73 de Brennan N4QX

73 de Brennan N4QX