[3830] ARRL 10 N2FF M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 11 15:47:39 PST 2011

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: East Williston, NY N

   CW:  196   148
  SSB:  349   109
-------------------
Total:  545   148  Total Score = 306,774

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

Great fun.  Most of my QSO's were on Saturday. We did only 3 hours on Sunday
before heading off to NJ for the NJDXA Holiday Party.  Before we QRT we worked
OH2XX with Marti at the mike and he sent his reegards along to the NJDXA crew.

We did very well with a three element quad on an 18 foot boom at 45 feet and a
KW.  Before the band closed down Saturday evening we managed to work 69
stations in one 43 minute SSB run. While I may have done better at W2AX or J3A
I never did that well from the home station.

As some of you know, Larry, W2AX, passed away the day after the CQWW CW DX
Contest.  A great generous guy who once gave me his station so I could use my
call there for a HP SSB effort in the ARRL Ten Meter Contest.  I was thinking
about him all weekend and his generosity and his great station.