[3830] ARRL 10 W0PAN SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 11 16:23:48 PST 2011

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W0PAN
Operator(s): W0PAN
Station: W0PAN

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: AZ

   CW:   33    16
  SSB:  218    58
-------------------
Total:  251    74  Total Score = 42,032

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Vic Clark, W4KFC (SK) would have been proud of this one.  Back in the early
70's, during an ARRL Board meeting, we "contesters" on the Board kicked around
the idea of a 10 meter contest.  After discussion, it went to the Contest
Advisory Committee for their input.  K8IA, Bob was one of them that I recall
pushed for approval.  My recollection is that this one has to be the most
successful one (from a participation standpoint) since it started in the 70's.
The conditions were great, the participation was great, the operators were
great, and there should be some major scores coming in from this one.  The CW
sure helped with points and mults.