[3830] ARRL 10 VA7ST SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 11 17:08:08 PST 2011

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: BC

   CW:  925    96
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  925    96  Total Score = 355,200

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

10M may have been better than it has been in a decade, but I still feel ripped
off by conditions. The band was alive but struggling to breathe (we get spoiled
rather quickly in this game, I guess).

There was no European opening either morning here -- just EI, F and SM worked
all weekend (and both SMs were off a skew while beaming JA). Whatever antenna
the TM6M lads are using, I want one. They were the only European station heard
here both days.

Highlights were 9J2BO calling in early Saturday morning, VP8NO calling in at
almost exactly noon Sunday (usually a magic window for ZS calling in), and
working five ZLs, T88 and E51, all strong from the Pacific. Missed any VK
action.

Flux opened at 140 and fell to 135 by the end, with the A-index rising to 8 as
the test wore on. Aurora was elevated for long periods, and the polar path was
simply non-existant for much fo the time. No access to Europe means a steep
tilt on the multiplier table for those out West. This was very much a domestic
rate-fest from here.

       Qs
US    727
EU      5 <-- yes, a whole continent = 5 Qs
JA     66
VE     36
PY     20
LU     15

Missed ND, NE, SD, DC and DE. Just 7 XE mults worked -- what a disappointment
beaming south. Enjoyed a few runs of 200+ with rate around 100/hr, but really
missed the Euro and XE multipliers.

There's always next year. Thanks for the contacts and happy Christmas. See you
in the RAC Winter and Stew Perry next weekend for one last round of fun before
the holidays.

-- Bud VA7ST

        Qs  Mult      Score
2011   925    96    355,200 HP