[3830] ARRL 10 KN5O SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 11 17:16:34 PST 2011

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KN5O
Operator(s): KN5O
Station: KN5O

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Covington, LA

   CW: 1547   153
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1547   153  Total Score = 946,764

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Spent as much time as I could between honey do's.. Conditions seemed pretty
decent, but the band closed for DX about 6PM each evening. Worked WAS, missed
the DC mult. Also missed NF (no propagation, could barely here'em), LB and NU.
Only worked 7/32 Mexican states. Ran 95% of the time, 2nd VFO used to scan for
mults.  Kinda messed up the log at times - fumbled around a good bit between
VFOs. I'v got to get better with this.  No big hardware issues, although my
ICOM PRO III linear keying port stuck on Friday nite - forced me to switch to
one of the FT1000MKVs.  Had a JA call in while I was running Europe about 9 AM
local time - that was certainly not expected.

Anyway, I had a good time.  Always enjoy this contest.  Thanks to all for the
contacts.  Contesting is done for me this year.  Have a "politically incorrect"
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

73,
Ted
KN5O