[3830] ARRL 10 KK4CIS SO SSB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 11 18:06:32 PST 2011

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KK4CIS
Operator(s): KK4CIS
Station: KK4CIS

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: SFL

   CW:
  SSB:  181    74
-------------------
Total:  181    74  Total Score = 26,788

FT897D, 100 watts, 10m dipole at 20'

All S&P, which I find to be very tough on 10m.  Felt like I heard everybody in
MN as the band was open all day on both Sat and Sun b/t FL and MN.  Generally,
I found 10m to be open to very few parts of the US on both days, e.g. I work IL
all of the time on 10m, but didn't hear a single IL station on either day during
the contest.

European stations seem to have trouble with the KK4 prefix, presumably because
it's relatively new?  Epic pileup whenever the Suriname station was working . .
. . biggest I've ever heard.

Conditions were good, better on Saturday; Sunday the band died after 2030 UTC.

73
KK4CIS