[3830] ARRL 10 VE7XF SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 11 18:25:28 PST 2011

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: near Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW: 1303   116
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1303   116  Total Score = 604,592

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I wish I had the resolve at the beginning that I have at the end, then maybe I
wouldn't have taken so many breaks.

The closer we get to the Solstice, the worse condx get - how discouraging when
the band opens in the morning to see the band has closed in Europe, but not
before the guys on the east coast have had their fill :-(
Only heard/worked a few coastal Europeans - nothing from inland. Surprisingly,
the UK was much more workable (and earlier in the day) than in the CQ WW CW.

I had one N1MM crash in the middle of a run, requiring a complete computer
re-boot, and lost 15 minutes or so. Also, N1MM didn't let me log a couple of US
K4s (wanted me to put them in Puerto Rico), so I'll have to add them directly to
the Cabrillo log. My score will be 'adjusted' (I hope) by the log checking
software.

On to the RAC Winter, for which I hope to have a new 160m antenna, so protect
your rcvr front ends!

K3 (producing rcvr clicks from many stations), Acom 1000, 3el Steppir.
And a few extra characters sent by the cat on the keyboard.
Maybe back to the 1000mp for the RAC 'test.

Ralph, VE7XF