[3830] ARRL 10 KL2HD M/S LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 11 19:01:42 PST 2011

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KL2HD
Operator(s): KL2HD
Station: KL2HD

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Homer, AK

   CW:
  SSB:  756    80
-------------------
Total:  756    80  Total Score = 120,960

Very fun contest. 10 m is interesting and I enjoyed following the sun as the
band changed.  Of course, my simple 5$ non-directional loop skywire did about
as good as it could do with LP on 10m. Best time was as darkness went across
the East coast and people turned their beams west towards me.  Lots of west
coast stations were worked off the back of their beams when S&P which is what I
did in the mornings since no one was listening this direction....

Young Contester Error No. 543: Read the rules before jumping into the contest.
Skimmed the entry section after rushing home early from work and used spotting
network thinking I could apply for assisted SOLP.  No.  I only used the spots a
few times, but fair is fair and it's my mistake so M/S category it is, but only
a mixed category, why not SSB, CW and mixed?

My best effort at a contest since I started a year ago.  If you measure success
by how you improved last year this was great.  Last year I had a total of 6
contacts - wow! What a difference.  No rig control on this loaner Yaesu FT-990
so it was easier to keep fixed and just call CQ.

Looking forward to next years (better?) conditions!

73,
Jeff