[3830] ARRL 10 VX6WQ(VE6WQ) SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 12 07:51:31 PST 2011

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VX6WQ
Operator(s): VE6WQ
Station: VE6JY

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Alberta

   CW:
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 2659   254  Total Score = 1,922,788

Had to miss the first 30 min of the contest as meetings at work limited the time
I could head out to Lamont. Conditions here were mixed but obviously much better
then the past 10 years. With very limited hours of sunlight the openings to
Europe were very short and poor with only about 45 QSOs in the log on both
modes. This really limited the multiplier possibilities with only 28 Eu mults
on both modes. The US was strong and consistent from sunrise to sunset. Our
midnight opening on Friday was limited to JT. I guess we needed a higher flux
for eastern EU and Middle East. Nothing on Saturday night. On Sat Am the
opening to EU was poor limited to very western Eu and only a few of the really
big stations making it through. On Saturday AM the band opened to very southern
Eu about an hour before sunrise but only I stations and a couple of others were
heard.
Equipment was an ICOM 756 Pro, Alpha 87A Amp and 7/7/7 on a 150ft tower plus a
TH6 and another 7 el on other towers.

As always Don was a great host making the station available, bringing me food
and drinks throughout the contest.