[3830] ARRL 10 N4KG M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 12 08:08:59 PST 2011

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG + PACKET
Station: N4KG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 17:20

   CW:  400   139
  SSB:  205    95
-------------------
Total:  605   234  Total Score = 470,340

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

WHY is the 10 Meter Contest scheduled during the Shortest Days of the Year in
the Northern Hemisphere?

This contest would be a LOT more exciting near the Equinoxes in Early October
or Mid March.

I stayed on CW Friday/Saturday then added SSB on Sunday
(about 2 to 1 SSB to CW QSOs Sunday).

Missed RI DC WY NE ND VO2 VY1 VY0 on CW.
Most States East of the Rockies were worked via BackScatter.
Heard WY7SS in WYO via backscatter (peaked N) but he couldn't hear me.
Only worked 4 XE stations on CW and 4 XE stations on SSB.

It was clear that the MUF was 'Dropping like a Rock' at the end of the contest
as all of the NA signals disappeared escept for some W6/7s.

I've been 'Radioing Hard' almost daily for the past 3 months.
I'm worn out from burning the DX Candle at Both Ends much of that time trying
to catch all the interesting openings from 80 thru 10 Meters.

Tom N4KG in North Alabama