[3830] ARRL 10 ZM2V(AI6V) SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 12 13:27:23 PST 2011

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: ZM2V
Operator(s): AI6V
Station: ZL3IO

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: NEW ZEALAND

   CW: 1754   122
  SSB:  664    92
-------------------
Total: 2438   214  Total Score = 1,794,604

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was thrilled to operate the contest from ZL3IO's beautiful QTH overlooking the
Pacific Ocean.  Using a 3-ele quad, I played on 10 before the contest, and it
was hotter than a firecracker.  It was not quite that good during the contest,
as big QSB kicked in a lot of the time.  It was very difficult to get a run
going on phone, but CW worked much better.  It's quite a pleasure to see 10 so
active again.  We must express our heartfelt gratitude to Holger and his
wonderful family for making us feel like we were at home during our stay with
them.  We will treasure these memories.  Isn't it incredible how ham radio
brings people together. Thanks to all for the QSOs, and the repeats it took for
this old mind to catch the correct call signs and numbers.  CU from Aruba in
January.  Very 73  Carl