[3830] OK RTTY N2FF SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Dec 17 15:09:10 PST 2011

                    OK DX RTTY Contest

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: East Williston, NY

   80:    8    30       3         1
   40:   85   402      27        10
   20:  140   217      30         2
   15:  106   163      34         6
   10:  101   192      35         8
--------------------------------------
Total:  440  1004     138        27  Total Score = 165,660

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

I am glad that I chose to go into the high power category as the bands were not
as hot as they have been lately and it would have been, very tough I think,
with 100 watts.  My AL 1200 made the difference and I spent most of the time
running.

I have done this contest a few times from the UK - Little Hampton in West
Sussex - when my daughter lived there and we would go over for Christmas.
Always a fun contest as I get to wish old friends a Merry Christmas and a Happy
New Year.  It was great to meet OK1MP, Milos on three bands.  He was one fo my
early RTTY DX QSO's in the machine days in the early 1970's.  He is also right
above my late contest mentor, Larry Amodeao, W2AX, in the DXCC listings at 383.
 Larry passed away the Monday after the CQWW CW contest in November and when I
checked Larry's DXCC status I saw the familiar OK1MP call right above W2AX.

Two great guys next to each other on the list.

Thanks to all those who worked me especially those on 15 in the late afternnon
in ZS, ZL, VK and AL7.  I managed to pick up a lot of DX off the back and side
of the quad.  Also thanks to the JA stations who found me running on 20 for the
multipliers. I was hoping the band would go long and my prayers were answered.

The best to all in 2012 and hope to see you next year.  I shut down at 2300...