[3830] TBDC K7RL Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 18 11:58:43 PST 2011

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 261  Total Score = 1,424

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Conditions seemed fairly good, although not as good as previous years.  Heard
and worked a few EU stations including:  E77DX, OL1A, UU7J, and G4AMT - great
ears!  Heard RA4LW, S59ZZ and RL3A with very good signals, but never got their
attention, despite many repeated attempts through several QSB cycles.  I
assumed they were listening in some other direction, although I heard other
U.S. stations calling without any reply.  Managed to find other EU stations
calling CQ, but their signals were marginal and never returned after the
initial QSB dip.

Didn't stick around for the JA/South Pacific hours, so I did sacrifice some
points there.  I agree with others that participation seemed lacking.

Happy Holidays to all and thank you for the Qs!

73 de Mitch, K7RL