[3830] TBDC N6RO Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 18 13:48:06 PST 2011

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CM97

Total:  QSOs = 189  Total Score = 925

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Operated SO2V in spurts from 0330 to 0900, after a long day of music jobs.
Activity seemed down, even in prime time, altho had a peak rate of 240 in the
first 30 minutes on. Little prop to the east coast until after 05Z.

Worked two JAs at 0839z, and none thereafter.  Couldn't keep my eyes open with
no callers, so went to bed.  Planned to get up about 1200 for the east coast
sunrise and Asian opening, but slept straight thru til 1700Z.  Other west coast
comments suggest I didn't miss much!  I'm getting too old for these
all-nighters, except when I can sleep-in the day before.

DX (the usual suspects): CE, FM, JA, KH6, KL7, KV4, P40, PJ2, RA0, VE, XE.
No sign of EU on S&P nor CQ.

In both RAC and SP this weekend, N1MM mis-behaved:
Intermittently would not stop CQing when in repeat F1 mode when attempting to
enter a caller in the logging window.  ESC would not stop it, hitting paddle
would not either. CRTL-ALT-DEL to close N1MM was the only cure.  Anyone else
experience this?