[3830] TBDC WI9WI Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 18 14:38:20 PST 2011

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Madison, WI

Total:  QSOs = 81  Total Score = 208

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Limited time op because like so many had a holiday obligation. I apologize for
being an alligator when I was CQing. I have a very wide band noise source on
the low bands just behind my house in the University of WI Research Park. I
think it is from the ventilation system of a building about 150 meters behind
the house. It cropped up about 3 years ago. I have to do all my receiving on a
small terminated loop. Otherwise the only signal I can hear is K9MA who lives
within walking distance of me. This cuts the noise way down, but also cuts the
signals way down too. Only DX even heard was FM5CD. Best QSOs were only a few 6
pointers to the west coast.

Gear: K-3. Homebrew 33 ft top loaded vertical. Homebrew receiving loop.

73

Jim