[3830] TBDC K6CSL Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 18 18:11:38 PST 2011

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA-SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 14:00

Total:  QSOs = 28  Total Score = 104

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Very disappointing. Conditions didn't seem to be as good as last year and
participation didn't appear as good. However looking at last years record, last
year I made 32 QSO's and a score of 106. However my best has been 2008 when I
made 31 Q's and a score of 130, punctuated with higher point contacts, 1 each,
with KL7, KH6, and JA. Of course I can't really expect much running 100W to 40M
antennas(1/8th wave on 160M) I did try an experiment this time. I reduced my
power to 80W so I could load 3 of my 4 "invisible" antennas. I did find that my
new end fed wire made a couple of contacts that I couldn't hear on my Delta
Loop. I think over-all however I would have done better running my full 100W to
just the Delta Loop. Changing antennas may have been a distraction. So with that
and thanking the KB'ers for many of my contacts, my XYL, Patti and I wish you
all a safe and merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Bert, K6CSL