[3830] RAC Winter W1NN SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 19 13:35:57 PST 2011

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: OH

  160:   13     0        3         0
   80:   50     0        5         0
   40:   44     0        7         0
   20:    3     0        2         0
   15:    0     0        0         0
   10:    0     0        0         0
    6:    0     0        0         0
    2:    0     0        0         0
Total:  110     0       17         0  Total Score = 12,546

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Operated from Tokyo using a TS-480 + Remoterig controlled over the Internet.  I
was only able to operate for the first three hours (from 9 AM to noon local
time Saturday).  After lunch activity had slowed down and we had a dinner to go
to on Saturday night so I was not able to see what conditions were like on the
high bands.

In contrast to the RAC Canada Day contest in July, 20 was not very productive
at the beginning of the contest.

It was nice to work VE1RAC (piloted by my friend Gary VE1RGB) and VE6RAC on
three bands.  I'm sure I would have worked them on 6 bands If I had been able
to get on in the daytime.

Didn't this contest used to be closer to the end of December?  I think I liked
that better because there are few major contests in late December and too many
in the first half of the month.  I suppose the sponsors wanted to avoid running
into the holidays.  You can't make everyone happy, can you?

I hope to put in more time next year.

Season's Greetings to all.

73, Hal W1NN