[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Feb 3 20:18:03 PST 2011

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 4

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

  160:   0      0
   80:  28     17
   40:  16     12
   20:   5      2
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  49     31  Total Score = 1,519

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Got home from a  trip to Portland, OR. German class cancelled due to WX forecase
of some snow tonight, so free for the NS. Lots of wind damage from the storm
several days ago: downed tree branches, yagis blown off original rotator
settings, etc. Didn't find out that the 160 meter dipole was down in the woods.
Guess a tree fell on it. Signals were loud on the receive beverage, but no-go on
anyone hearing me...very high SWR. So nil on top band. Eighty was the best I've
ever heard it in the NS for me.

Tnx for three banders to K0EJ and his magic chirper on 20 (Mark, you were clear
on 40 and 80)and W4NZ. Guess ya had to be in Chattanooga to make it tonight.

There was a chance for a nice "keeper" score tonight, but it just didn't
happen. Ten min segments: 12, 9, 8, 6, 5, and 9.

Always fun, Jim, N3BB