[3830] MnQP N2WN Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Feb 5 18:44:07 PST 2011

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Grainger County

  160:
   80:      22
   40:      74        3
   20:      81       26
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:     167       29  Mults = 76  Total Score = 31,312

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

That was a wild ride...

The start was so-so kinda bummed at missing N0EO first two counties, he was
loud, but I wasn't *sigh* figure there was a fair amount of QRN up North.

Things improved and by the half way point I was ahead of last year, but then
the new county count started to drop. Wound up missing 3, had hoped to add one
or two more than last year.

The change in points for SSB QSOs helped my score. Had very little trouble
raising most, a few way down in the mud wound up NIL.

Both 40 and 80 went long early. Was hearing EU on 80 LOUD very early. 160 had
major EU signal MD0CCE was a solid 589, but no MN heard.

The mobiles/rovers were great, as always, and they were fun to chase. The tally
looks like this: K0PC 24, N0IJ 20, N0IM 15, N0PI 15, W0ZQ 12, W0AA 8, N0HJZ 7,
KC0DMF 4 and KE0G 4.

Beat my old score by more than I expected. Good to hear a lot of serious
competition too.

Thanks all!

72,
Julius