[3830] NA Sprint CW KC0W/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Feb 5 19:32:12 PST 2011

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: KC0W/M
Operator(s): KC0W
Station: KC0W/M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: North Dakota
Operating Time (hrs):

---------------------
Total:  89     Mults = 1  Total Score = 1

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Just installed a new homebrew 900 watt amplifier in the mobile earlier this week
so this 'test was it's real first trial by fire. Worked pretty damn well,
nothing started on fire or exploded, hihi. Only "problem" is the engine must be
above 2600 or so RPM's to provide the amps needed to power this hungry beast.
The amplifiers draw is roughly 150 amps at the full 900 watt CW output. In
order to satisfy the amplifier I had to operate while in motion while driving
up & down a long country road in low gear while trying to keep the R's up at
all times. Sorry for the fills I needed at times & my sometimes "sloppy"
sounding CW. The things I do for contesting & amateur radio in general!!!

 Used "ticks" on a piece of paper for the total number of Q's. Didn't log any
calls as I was busy driving & trying to keep the engines RPM's up. Guess my
memory for callsigns must be OK though as I only had 3 dupes in just under 100
total Q's............Nice working W6OAT & N6TR among many others.

 Glad to help out with the North Dakota mult even if my total number of Q's was
very low. I'm presently constructing a World Class contesting/DXing station here
in western North Dakota which will be FREE for all amateurs to use. Antenna
arrays are pretty impressive if I do say so myself. Check out QRZ.com under my
call for further information regarding this stations epic construction ordeal.

 All the best from North Dakota & will see ya in the next 'test running the new
900 watt homebrew mobile amplifier.

       Tom KC0W