[3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Feb 5 20:40:38 PST 2011

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA

---------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Propagation conditions seemed pretty unsettled going
into Sprint CW. But, I setup everything, and practiced
on Thursday and Friday nights.

I had a good start on 20m, but people left after the
first 40 minutes, and it turned into a trickle. That
dashed my hopes for a good QRP score - here on the
left coast I really need people to stay on 20m, where
QRP does well, for more than an hour.

40m was noisy and disturbed, and the sun had barely set,
so it was a struggle. Not helped by some DX pileup and
FOC activity on the low end, and the digital stuff at
7035 to 7040. I managed two good hours, but nothing
stellar.  My QRP competitors back east pulled ahead by
20 to 40 QSOs, ouch!  My SO2R setup didn't help, since
20m was gone, and 80m was too weak yet, so it was single
radio 40m QRP - with lost pileups and unanswered CQs.

80m finally allowed some QRP contacts in the last hour,
but slower than usual, probably the disturbed conditions.
All contacts were west of the Mississippi until 0320Z,
when I finally made it to OH, TN, SC - Good Ears Guys!

So, I passed my score from last Feb., and I handed out
some contacts, but nothing to cheer about. There's
no doubt though, CW Sprinting is fun! See you Thursday
nights in NCCC Sprint.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

20m-10m: C-31XR at 71ft.
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: Half-sloper from 60ft
Two Yaesu FT-1000MPs turned down to 5 watts.
Writelog software.
W5XD Multi-keyer SO2R box.

QSO by hour and band.
         80M    40M     20M    Total   Cumm
00Z       -      12      34       46     46
01Z       1      40       4       45     91
02Z       7      33       -       40    131
03Z      17       6       -       23    154
Total:   25      91      38