[3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 6 09:19:38 PST 2011

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MT

---------------------

Team: Ad Hoc Contesters

Comments:

Went back to a single radio this time, but not by choice.  My old IC-765 I use
for radio #2 developed a weird problem that caused the CW sidetone to be super
loud no matter what I did.  No way could I copy on the other radio when that
one was sending!  Of course I've been playing with it all day today and it
won't do it again.  Oh, well.

KL7RA was super loud on 20, as was NH2T.  Towards the end of the first hour I
could tell that it was going very bad, though.  All I heard were W6's on
scatter, and about half of them didn't hear me.

40 was really good, but real estate was quite cramped.  Life was sure better
when RTTY stayed high in the band.  With the FOC marathon and the VP8 pile it
was really crowded.  But Sprint operators are the best and we managed OK.

I tried not to go to the low bands too quickly, and I was able to make up some
ground on the guys who shot out waaaay ahead of me.

Hours were:  77 (ugh)-100-67-83 here.  Thanks for K7BG for getting on and
giving me the MT mult for a change.  I tried to work KC0W/M on 40, but the band
was long and he gave up on me.  Every other mult heard went into the log.

  - Pat
    N9RV