[3830] MnQP W0BH Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 7 22:54:20 PST 2011

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS

  160:
   80:      14        5
   40:     120       67
   20:      12
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:     146       72  Mults = 82  Total Score = 35,752

Propagation was really strange this year with virtually nothing heard or worked
on 80 until the last hour.  I did make a few very faint 20m Qs (none logged in
2007-2009), including one with W0ZQ/m which goes down as one of the faintest
ESP Qs ever on this end.  Great ears, Jon!  I did hear N0IJ/m in Cook on 20 at
the very end, but didn't have a chance of getting though the pileup.

My goal of 87 counties was dashed early when I lost N0EO/m in a couple of the
northern counties.  I didn't work HUB KNB KIT LKW and WAD, and I'm sure they
were all on.  With only 40m to check, I know I didn't miss the mobiles early
on, so unless they didn't get to 40m, the band conditions just weren't there.
Later, I started CQing on SSB and missed some mobiles I'm sure, but I already
had the entire lower half of the state covered.

The mobiles did their usual terrific job and I'm already enjoying reading their
3830 reports.  Top activity for me this year was K0PC/m (18) who also wins the
consistently loudest into Kansas award for this year.  I had to turn on the
recorder in Martin County for a few minutes because the pileup was amazing ..
one of the big reasons we get out there time and again.  I'll send it to you,
Pat!

The mobile stats for me : K0PC/18, N0PI/15, N0IJ/13, N0IM/10, N0EO/10, W0ZQ/9,
N0UR/8, W0AA/5, KC0DMF/4, N0HJZ/4.  Thanks for being out there!

The 2011 rule change counting all Qs as 2 points is an interesting one.  I
notice not everyone used that scoring system to post including my friend, N4PN
who actually scored a couple hundred points more than me.  We'll let the fine
log checkers straighten us both out!  I'm guessing there are higher scores
still to be found.

Thanks to all the MN fixed stations for being there as well, and thanks to the
MWA for another well run event.  Hope to hear you all on again next year!

73, Bob, w0bh