[3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Feb 9 12:50:21 PST 2011

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI

---------------------

Team: SMC Snowbound

Comments:

I did this one from the cabin way up Nort. Things started out fairly well with
35 QSOs on 20 in the first 30 mins, which is par for the course for me. After
that things went downhill fairly fast. Folks have remarked how everything was
long. Almost half of my QSOs, 107 of 219, were with 4 states, CA (66), OR (17),
AZ (16), and WA (8), basically all west coast or close. It was a bit of a
shakedown cruise for a new amplifier, and using my microHam SO2R box. I was
forced into using N1MM for the first time in the sprint because I can't get the
SO2R box to work with WriteLog which I have used for years. I don't think 2
radios helps me in the sprint, in fact it probably hinders me, but I need the
practice. I lost at least a half dozen QSOs by screwing up which radio I was
on, of fatfingering the exchanges. Sorry for the screwups. Mults were low too.
Never worked a single VE, though I heard several. Probably heard 3 or 4 that I
missed.

See you in the next one.

73
Jim WI9WI