[3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Feb 10 19:10:34 PST 2011

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 11

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bethlehem, PA

  160:   7      6
   80:  15     11
   40:  12      9
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  34     26  Total Score = 884

That was fun.  I didn't hear anyone on 20M, but 40M was hopping.  Signals were
very strong on 80M and that caused me to loiter there too long: being late to
160M was my major error tonight.  That was my best 40M experience in a long
time. Of course, tonight's also the first time I've used the K3 on 40M in a
while.  Usually, the TS-940S gets the 40M work, and . . . well, those aren't
the same machines.

My other innovation tonight was adjusting the termination on my K9AY loops to
degrade the F/B ratio.  Given the very high noise levels here, a more
omnidirectional low noise receiving antenna seemed to be the ticket as I wasn't
having a hard time hearing W1/W2 tonight (I'm usually listening NW or SW and the
null is significant).

Thanks for the QSOs!

73,

Joe