[3830] RTTY WPX K7IA SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 13 21:15:30 PST 2011

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: N Mexico

I was all set to better my 2010 score of 1249 Q's and 1.4 million points in 27
hours, BUT Erin and I went down to our 93 year old widow neighbor's ranch on
Sat AM to do some chores, and I took a nasty fall from the pickup truck onto
rocky ground.  I landed on left elbow and left hip (not at the same time, of
course).  Somehow right index finger got into the act, too, producing "Yogi
Berra finger."  Got myself collected and did a self-examination.  Nothing
fractured, but I must have come close.  I have a large hematoma over left hip
and a badly swollen and therefore stiff finger.  No problem for RTTY
contesting, though, because with N1MM, only two fingers are needed!  By the
time we got home the swelling was pretty grim, so I spent most of Saturday in
the sack with ice packs on various places.  I was delighted to deny the
ambulance service and ER some fees!  I got a little op time on Saturday
evening, but the discomfort must have tuckered me out, because I went QRT
before local midnight.  I ignored the Sunday 0430 local alarm for JA runs and
later spent on-again, off-again time on Sunday trying to get comfy in the op
chair.  Following the usual regimen, I switched from ice to moist heat after
the 24 hour point.  The good news is I got the chores done on Saturday.  As
they say in baseball, "maybe next year!"

73, dan