[3830] RTTY WPX KL8DX SOSB20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 13 23:01:28 PST 2011

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Alaska

   20: 1059

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

That just happened! Seriously? A contest weekend with propagation?
And was it!!!

It's obvious this is the biggest RTTY contest of the year. Less than
standing room only on 20 meters. I saw RTTY signals at times from 14.058
to 14.140, solid!

Extremely fun to have two great evening/morning openings into Europe.
I could not get a run going but it seemed that most could hear me when
I called. Some AU on signals but most of the time there was no problem
with decoding any of them.

I decided a single band effort at the beginning. With the band
conditions, I should have tried all band but I stuck to my original plan.
I am not disappointed at all, as I have topped my all time high score and
also total number of QSO's. A small station effort and my operational
times made the best of the great propagation.

Gotta sort through my notes and I will do a detailed overview on my blog
site. My butt needs to divorce my chair and I need to work on getting the
blood flow back into my legs. So many great highlights, so many familiar
callsigns, and only a few low lights. I think Alaska was well represented
this weekend as I was lucky enough to work several of my long distant
neighbors.

Thanks for each and every QSO. Temperatures this morning were -30F and
I believe we will be colder than that tonight. It was warm and cozy in
the shack and extremely easy to stay focused on chasing multipliers and
calling CQ for hours at a time. I can't believe how fast 30 hours went.

Rig: Icom 756PRO
Antenna: Mosley TA-34-XL @ 43 feet
Amp: Ameritron AL-1500 @ 500 watts
Software: N1MM Logger V9.9.6