[3830] RTTY WPX 4O3A M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 14 00:20:25 PST 2011

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: 4O3A
Operator(s): 4O3A, 4O4A, S50XX, S52X, S55Y, S57MM, S59W, Z30A, Z33F, YU1YV
Station: 4O3A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Obosnik hill
Operating Time (hrs):

   40: 1764
   20: 1387

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

After years 2009 and 2010 and new European records in MS and M2, it was a
logical choice to try to break existing Multi Multi record. Old one was made
last year by HG1S and 14M+ did not looks too hard to be smashed.

As we used to do, we merged RTTY contesting with a kind of social
entertainment. Cooking, joking and sleeping for me and Dragan, 4O4A, and hard
contest operating for the rest of team. :
Nice group of Slovenian and Macedonian friends arrived Thursday.  Zlatko and
Zoki come with BUS taking almost a day to come, and I really appreciate it.
"Craziest" was S59W who drove down to Montenegro from Slovenia, more than 800
km by BMW motorcycle. Hat down!

Some very realistic prediction said - 20M points  should be goal at least, and
depending on propagation (primarily on luck in getting MULTs)it could go around
23-24M, but more will be very hard.
Contest started with problems. Loud BANG!!..... inside OM amplifier just 10
minutes after contest starts. Three sound blasters failed and we lost too much
of time on repairing, replacing, settings…. Major problem on RF interference
cussed on 15M and freezing PCs very often I discovered just Saturday late
afternoon, after all went in perfect order. We cross 20M points margin and I
can say we did as expected, at least.

My conclusion is that we could make it better, but I should spend few days more
on preparing station, together with Slovenian team. This time it was just a
basic MM setup.

Some sabotage we had on 10M position but we discover it. You can see our
internal inspectors on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFWCDWmTRNA

Thank you for calling us. Logs are on LoTW already, as usually and we will
deliver nice QSL cards via the bureau to all.

CU in ARRL

Ranko