[3830] PACC K0VXU SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 14 07:39:38 PST 2011

                    Dutch PACC Contest

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: KANSAS

  160:
   80:    9      2      7
   40:   15      3      8
   20:   49     10     11
---------------------------
Total:   73     15     26  Total Score = 2,288

Club: KC CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

IC-746PRO TL-922A TH6DXX INVERTED VEES FOR 40/80
At the urging of PA0GMW the night before I waded into the PACC test as a casual
contester.  My aim was to give PA0CMW and PA1TT QSOs on 80 meters just to be
helpful.  In reality, I spent much more time with the contest than I planned
and had a great time.  I never heard PA0GMW or PA1TT on 80 meters, but I did
see PA0GMW spotted there.  Sorry Paul.

The conditions seemed good to PA from the middle of the USA, especially on the
lower frequencies.  And ther seemed to be good participation by the PA
stations.  There were several stations worked on 3 bands and many more worked
on 2 bands.  There was no propagation on 15 or 10 meters.  And I slept in for
the 160 meter openings in our mornings.  I couldn't hear any PA stations on 160
after our sunset.

Thanks to all of the PA stations that pulled my weak signal out on 80 meters.

Great contest and great fun.  Hope to be back next year.

73,
Russ - K0VXU