[3830] RTTY WPX VE7UF M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 14 21:18:17 PST 2011

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VE7FO VA7RN VE7AX VE7IO VA7FC VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: IOTA NA36 Courtenay

I was glad to welcome VE7FO, VE7AX, VA7RN and VA7FC back again and first timer
VE7IO to join me in another good WPX RTTY Contest weekend.  We had worse than
usual computer problems at the beginning causing a 4 hour delayed start.  Never
again well something new be loaded into the computers minutes before the
contest.  I guess we irreversibly corrupted the newest version of N1MM I had
running.  We had to use an older version of N1MM to solve the problems.  We had
a wind and rain storm for the first day that caused lots of QRN and concern but
no damage to speak of.  We did better on 80, a little worse on 40, and about
the same on the other bands as last year.  The interstation interference was
reduced to almost nil this year.  The addition of band pass filters and a "rx
antenna disconnect during tx circuit" allowed us to use the station beverage
antennas with the ICOM PROs.  The beverages did reduce the QRM during the rain
caused QRN and allowed us to pull out some hard coppy low band Qs.  The DX
Engineering preamps for the beverages did not overload or produce intermod as I
had feared.  Two local young hams that are interested in rtty contesting dropped
in for some experience and we assisted them in making a few Qs.  Our thanks go
to all that called.

The ORCA DX and Contest club is not listed in the clubs section on this site.
The points should be credited to the ORCA club.

73, Duane VE7UF