[3830] ARRLDX CW VA3DF(@VE3CR) SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 20 16:14:24 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VE3CR

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  859   269  Total Score = 693,213

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Stopped about 15 minutes early - probably should have stayed and gone for 700K
but I decided that after 3 mults in a row, late in the contest, to not press my
luck!

Friday started out poorly, the rotor had issues and consequently the beam was
left pointing toward EU and could not be moved (at least not if you wanted to
know where it was going to point)! Decided to ignore this and go for the
gusto!

Highlites were many, inclusing E21 with qrp and off the side of the beam. Also,
unexpected results on 160 - blew me away...struggle on 10 and 15 in spite of
promising condx but the other bands took up the slack. New personal best for me
in this contest and still room to grow!

Took minimal off times, WL says about 7 hours off during the contest.

Many thanks to Eric and Sheila for their continued support and encouragement -
plus the food is outa sight!

Time for rest and reflection but right now, I am a happy camper....

Many thanks to those who travelled to DX locations.

As usual, it was a jungle out there running qrp!

73,

Doug
VA3DF