[3830] ARRLDX CW AA7A SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 20 16:33:22 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: AA7A
Operator(s): AA7A
Station: AA7A

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs):

   20:  417   100
Total: 1684   441  Total Score = 2,222,640

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Rig : Yaesu FT-2000D>Alpha76PA; Elecraft K3>Alpha374

Antennas :
  160: Sloping vertical with four elevated radials
   80: 3 element steerable vertical array
40>10: Mosley PRO67C3 @ 75'
LF RX: Rotatable flag (shared on 160 and 80)

Soapbox :

I had much higher hopes for ten meters. I did actually run a short pileup of
JAs on Saturday afternoon. Maybe next year...

I finally figured out how to use RBN spots. Not sure why it took me so long.
RBNs sure keeps you jumping in assisted mode. I remember the last few hours
in this contest being a drag (before RBNs) but now you need to be ready to
spring into action at a moments notice.

Ned/AA7A