[3830] ARRLDX CW N5LZ SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 20 16:59:13 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N5LZ
Operator(s): N5LZ
Station: N5LZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Utah

  160:    9     9
Total:  761   181  Total Score = 410,508

Club: Utah DX Association

Comments:

ARRL DX CW has become my favorite contest … the DX stations always need Utah
for mults on every band, and Utah still seems to be relatively rare, so it
always works well.  I’ve put in significant efforts for this contest in the
past, but my BIC stamina isn’t what it used to be (and isn't likely to
change), so I definitely need to start slowing down a bit.  I decided to ration
my time this year, and still try to be active during the best times.  I managed
to put in almost 15 hours, mostly daylight hours, but I did do a quick sweep of
the low bands over an hour or so Friday night, and again at sunrise Saturday.  I
spent a fair amount of time running on 15M and 20M, and am sure my mults
suffered as a result.

It’s nice to have decent conditions after the lengthy drought, which spread
the action around the bands enough to take the pressure from 20 meters.

FWIW, I did some video recording during the contest and have posted a few new
clips at: http://www.vimeo.com/album/165172

Station: K3, Alpha 9500, 3 El SteppIR at 52 feet, and a few wires.

Don, N5LZ