[3830] ARRLDX CW KL5DX(N5XZ) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 20 17:00:12 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KL5DX
Operator(s): N5XZ
Station: KL7AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Anchorage, AK

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   15:    7     5
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1050    89  Total Score = 278,481

Club: Alaska Contest Club

Comments:

I'm pretty happy with this one considering the fact that I was strictly part
time on this contest. I didn't expect to make 1000 Q's. I missed the first
night and the second day completely so consequently I missed the better 15
meter openings. I tried a bit of 15 on Sunday, but only made a few Q's and
mults. However, I was very pleased with some of the extended runs I had and
some good rates, too. 20 seemed to take a dip Sunday around 11 am but it picked
back up later. I came up one short for a USA sweep on 20 meters (where were you
VT??)

Thanks to my fellow TDXS, BVARC and CTDXCC club members and other friends in
Texas for thier contacts. Thanks as always to the Anchorage Amateur Radio Club
KL7AA for the use of thier equipment and facilities. The equipment performed
flawlessly.

Rig: Elecraft K3
Amp: Acom 2000A
Ant: 3-el A3 @ 40'