[3830] ARRLDX CW N4YDU SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 20 17:11:20 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N4YDU
Operator(s): N4YDU
Station: N4YDU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Youngsville, NC

Total: 1282   331  Total Score = 1,273,026

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This is normally an all-out assault for me, but a month-long battle with a
kidney stone that ended the Tuesday before the contest left me lacking in
energy. Nonetheless, I managed 24 hours in the chair compared to a typical 40
or so. It sure is nice to get sleep and take naps!

The bands were great.  15M was better for me on Day 1 (nice rate to Europe). It
was cool to have real signals to work on 10M. I managed a few Europeans this
time around. I spent very little time on 20M the first day, but day two
produced some really nice rate on 20. I found a sliver of bandwidth around
14006 at 1600 Zulu and was off the races. The low bands were fine, although I
missed everything in the PAC/ASIA areas due to sleeping.

Fun event as always.

73,

Nate/N4YDU

Station:

Rigs: Ten Tec Corsair and Ten Tec OMNI D Series C

Antennas:
Two W8JK beams for 10 and 15 (at 60 feet)
Two Loops for 20M (80 feet and 55 feet)
Dipole at 55 feet (NW/SE) and Dipole at 70 feet (NE/SW for 40)
Ground plane for 80M and Inverted Vee at 60 feet
Inverted L with 3 1/4 raised radials for 160M

Software: WinTest