[3830] ARRLDX CW KO7AA SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 20 17:21:04 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KO7AA
Operator(s): KO7AA
Station: KO7AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Arizona

  160:    0     0
Total: 1888   326  Total Score = 1,846,464

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I was excited all week, checking solarcyle24.com twice a day. The sunspots are
back, the flux is up! EU/JA on 10M, hours of running on 15M, staying on 20M
until 0500Z! Maybe even 3000+ QSO's!

It sure didn't work out that way for me. My score was down 25% from last year,
more like 2009. The high bands were not good from this QTH, my enthusiasm
really suffered, and I only put in 33 hours.....

I was in the chair the first 14 hours straight, 40/80 were VERY good. The EU
on Saturday AM was incredibly disappointing. 20M opened an hour late and was
weak, 15M barely opened at all. The wind picked up at noon, with gusts to
40mph. My crankup is loaded to the max (it only goes up for contests), so I
put it down and slept all Saturday afternoon. The evening was half hearted,
and I slept Saturday night. Sunday 20M EU was OK, and 15M a bit better. Some
of the EA/G/I stations were actually S9 on 15M (for about an hour). Sunday
afternoons are always fun from here. Running JA's on 20/15 and scooping up
mults on the second radio.

No 160M here, it gets in the neighbor's oven circuits even after beads were
installed.

N1MM says 575 second radio QSO's

Station details on QRZ.com, with a pic of my loaded up tower.

73, Bill KO7AA in Tucson