[3830] ARRLDX CW NQ4I M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 20 18:16:16 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): W4SVO,N4RJ,AA4LR,VE7ZOK1XX,W4IX,W7FB,W8ZF,W1MD,WA!S,N4FD,W4DD,NQ4I,KF4GTA,KB4KBS
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Griffin, Ga

   80:  829   100
   40: 1692   125
   20: 2051   128
   15: 1307   118
Total: 6382   617  Total Score = 11,729,787

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Boy what a contest! New station records on 160m, 80m, and 40m...Mark W4SVO and
Drubber W4IX spent nearly 2 days before the test working on the beverages for
the low bands and it sure paid off...on Thursday before the test we saw several
chances for some great propagation on 10m...before the test IT9/LY4C was 40 over
9...it never happened the whole weekend...ugh...10m was once again teasing us
with what it could do...the crew assembled was one of the best ever at the
station....N4RJ had been absent from the M-M area for nearly 20 years ...he had
a great time...where was Baker when we neeeded him? The 160m numbers are the
best ever for us in ARRL..."Iron Man" W4SVO really milked the band and did it
well....Jim VE7ZO and Charlie K1XX really did a great job on 40m ...The BIS
Award goers to N4FD and W4DD for their persistance on 10m...and Marty W1MD and
Ann WA1S swept 15m clean many a time.....AA4LR joined us after a few year
hiatus...glad to have you back Bill.....Scott KB4KBS was the official observer
for the weekend....and Bobby KF4GTA kept the network humming along....W7FB
traveled from Kansas City to be part of the team...and Dean W8ZF kept 20m
clicking all nite long...thanks guys for the great job....next big contest will
be CQ WPX CW in May...see ya then...de Rick NQ4I