[3830] ARRLDX CW KL7RA M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 20 23:14:05 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL7IF N1TX KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ALASKA

   20: 1101    57
Total: 3263   267  Total Score = 2,566,404

Well that was fun. No Ten meter prop once again until we pointed at the sun
which is always very late in our day and we could work the few loud west coast
stations that are running the Pacific DX. Without Ten meters our score isn't
that competitive world wide but it's all we can do and not much hope to do
better regardless of op skill or hardware enhancement. As it was we dumped some
170 hours rates on 20 or 15 to CQ on Ten for what mults that did take pity and
call in.

Nice rates on all the other bands the first day and the spurts of four a minute
the second. Both 80 and 40 played all night which was nice.

Thanks to N1TX and AL7IF for coming to the Kenai and cranking Q's all weekend
for a really efficient Multi Single. With one transmitter running for 48 hours
you still need ops sweeping the open bands for mults. Post contest chow, (and
beer) was excellent.

Good crew scheduled for the SSB version of this contest as Multi-Multi and I'm
looking forward to that. We will be the loud guys, and lady, on Ten meters this

time. I hope.

73 Rich KL7RA