[3830] ARRLDX CW N1DC SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 21 05:50:29 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Braintree MA

  160:    6     6
Total:  774   275  Total Score = 638,550

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Achieved all my goals in this one. Beat last year's totals for QSO's, countries
and total score. Great fun!  10M sounded good but it was hard to predict which
way to point the beam. Worked OL4A with the beam due south.  Found J5NAR all
alone calling CQ at S9+10db. Wish 10M would come back completely worldwide.

Had a very nice run on 40M to end the contest. This was the only band I got any
results calling CQ. Overall, better than expected results from S&P with a 30/hr
overall rate.

I easily broke through pileups with my 100W. In the past I would wait on needed
multipliers because of QRM. Now I go for it eliminating the possibility of
losing the mult later. The trick is transmitting split frequency up from the
station's frequency. Works every time !

Station:  TenTec Omni 7 @ 100W, 4 element tribander @ 35ft, 80/40M dipoles
(used on 160 too),  Still using my 500MHz HP Pavillion and CT.

Thanks for all the QSO's.  73  Rick