[3830] ARRLDX CW CR6K(CT1CJJ) SOSB/40 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 21 13:17:33 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: CR6K
Operator(s): CT1CJJ
Station: CT1CJJ

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40: 1405    59
Total: 1405    59  Total Score = 248,508

After the big storm we faced on February 16th, with a lot of rain and strong
winds, more than 110 Km/ hour, our antennas have been damaged on about 70%, but
having the motivation words from Filipe, CT1ILT, and other local friends, I
decided to go ahead and participate in the 40 meters band.
Strategically this was the only possible band to operate. So I started the
contest with the 2 el. Monoband, with tower down at 6 meters from the ground,
(not good performance), in the morning, after band closed I could rebuild up
again the home made 40 meters 3 el. WIRE-BEAM. At 20:00 utc my Transceiver
power suppply decided to QRT.

My first time CW participation effort on 40 meter band, sometimes difficult to
catch some calls, due to local POWER LINE qrm, "sorry guys to ask you to repeat
several times the call", but we made it.
I had a lot of fun using for the fist time TS-590,the filters showed here the
really performance.

Setup
Transceiver: Kenwood TS-590 (tnx CT1ILT)
Amp: Ameritron AL-1500
Antennas: 40 m. 3 element WIREBEAM, and 40 m. 2 element Short from (OH1JT)
Finnish-antennas.

Many thank's for all the NA stations giving me the point and to my daugter
bringing me some tee and some cookies hi hi.

73!, see you around,
Lopes , CT1CJJ (aka CR6K)