[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3RTU SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 21 15:46:49 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3RTU
Operator(s): VE3RTU
Station: VE3RTU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ontario
Operating Time (hrs):

   20: 1063   103
Total: 1801   420  Total Score = 2,268,000

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Dodgy solar conditions created some interesting openings. Great opening to Eu on
Saturday night, even with my modest antenna. Nice to hear first Europeans of the
season (for me, anyway) on 10 m. 15 m was disappointing. Quiet hours allowed for
at leasta  few hours shuteye.

I lost some operating time Saturday to Europe when XYL informed me that the
overnight near gale force winds had ripped soffits off the roof. I did my best
(not very good, I admit) to screw them back at least temporarily until warmer
climes prevail (and I'm not in a contest!)I was lucky none of the antennas came
down in those winds.