[3830] ARRLDX CW W4QN SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 21 21:04:17 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4QN
Operator(s): W4QN
Station: W4QN

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: SFL

  160:    0     0
Total:  713   341  Total Score = 729,399

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This was suppose to be just a casual effort, but first night 80m results, with
just manual spotting results made me rethink the effort.  Hooked up PC to Rig
control that speeded up the S&P results.  But almost all of Saturday was lost
due to N1MM crashes- runtime error (v 11.1.3 a later upgrade was worse).
Finally uninstalled and reloaded a 10.xx version and back on the air late Sat.
night. Almost pulled an all nighter - 40 and 80 doing great.

Worked several QRP stations (5w) and one at 4w,  Big Pile up on A65, switched
the SteppIR to 180 and he was clear and 579 LP - easy

Some of the FCGers are sure tough on 80 and 40m, I will have to get the 40m
beam up and improve 80m antenna to be more competitive.

After using spotting networks, logging software, it is hard to think about the
contesting I did back in the 70's - paper logs, dupe sheets etc.

Fun getting back into the fray.