[3830] ARRLDX CW OE2BZL(DK5AD) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Feb 22 12:08:45 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OE2BZL
Operator(s): DK5AD
Station: OE2BZL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Pfarrwerfen
Operating Time (hrs):

Total: 1158   196  Total Score = 680,904

My best score ever in an ARRL CW Contest. Condx were much better than expected
on the low bands despite solar disturbances. 15m and 10m are always a problem
in my QTH because it is surrounded by high montains about 10 miles away. I was
lucky to have a good run on 15m the first day. On the second day most signals
were just above the noise on 15m. 160m was also better on the the first day.
The best band was 40m with good runs both days.
Rig: Orion, TL 922
Antennas: 2 phased top laoded 25m long verticals for 160m, 2 full sized
verticals for 80m, a rhombic about 100m long 25m high to the west looking over
a valley.
Knut OE2BZL (DK5AD)