[3830] ARRLDX CW KH6/AA4V SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Feb 22 12:41:48 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KH6/AA4V
Operator(s): KH6/AA4V
Station: KH6/AA4V

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Hawaii

  160:    5     4
   10:   15     9
-------------------
Total:  846   178  Total Score = 431,472

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

I wasn't able to operate as much this year due to visitors from the mainland.
The 14 hours of operating, spread over the two days was great fun. Working
conditions on this side consisted of Elecraft K3 and a Tokyo High Power
HL1.1Kfx amp (400W. Due to a local Home Owners Association member with time on
his hands, I used a Butternut HF6V at night and an Outbacker (12 foot tall
vertical) during daylight. Both worked very well. Lots of radials under both.
Being on the west coast of the big island with two 14,000 foot volcanos between
me and the mainland, I could only marvel at KH6LC (multi-multi) on the Hilo
(east) side of the island running stateside and me not hearing most of their
contacts. Congrats to Lloyd and friends.