[3830] ARRLDX CW N5UD/M SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Feb 22 15:03:07 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N5UD/M
Operator(s): N5UD
Station: N5UD

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NTX

Total:  162    92  Total Score = 44,712

I did this operation as a I wondered what it will be like mobile in Texas ? The
East Coast just doesn't know how tough it is working DX and Europe from Texas.

All contacts were made from my pickup truck. Many while actually in motion.
Others while parked at a softball field or Lake O the Pines. Rig used was
Kenwood TS-480 and antenna was a screwdriver. WX was 75 degrees.

Some really strong DX signals were observed on 40 meters. Like 59+ 20-30. I
worked most stations that I called. Seldom worked the DX station if they were
only S5 and running HIGH POWER. Sometimes even when S9 they just could not get
the call sign. The slash mobile seemed to get them.

I worked some QRP stations.

Better luck next year when 10 meters is WIDE open. Right ?