[3830] ARRLDX CW OG1M(@OH1VR) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Feb 23 07:36:29 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OG1M
Operator(s): G0CKV, JK3GAD, OH1VR, OH3WW
Station: OH1VR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Ikaalinen
Operating Time (hrs): 43h27

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1090   166  Total Score = 542,322

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Nice contest weekend: inside +25C and outside mostly -20-30C. We called and
called and heard how guys in southern and western Europe, even with 5 watts
(HB9DAX), bypassed us in the pile up's.

Station:

2 x Elecraft K3
Acom 2000A
SPE 1K FA

42 meter high tower:
160: sloper
80: sloper + sloping dipole
40: 4 el M2 35 meters high
20: 2 x 5el
15: 2 x 5el
10: 2 x 6el

SteppIR 3-el at 24 meters in the tower 2.

SDR-IQ - skimmer (fantastic - connected to rbn)

Camera crew of TV1 (Finnish Broadcasting Corporation) produced 4 minutes
insert of our weekend. It was an additional excitement..

This operation was a second try of Wireless Contesters 'Europe' - the first was
in 2009 (some 900 q's).Totals are low but you have to understand that my QTH is
on same level as some place 200 kilometers north of Anchorage Alaska.
Even 100 km more south could produce more q's :-) Next week in ARRL Phone three
of us will join the team of Wireless Contesters - W6WB. It means that we will
experience this contest from the other side in less artic circumstances - in
California.

Thanks all for QSO's!

Very special thanks to the team of OG1M - we had fun..

Seppo OH1VR